04 April, 2006

LA events

On top of attending the LA Times Book Prize Seriously Fabulous Shindig on 28 April, I'll be doing the following:
  • Speaking at the LA Unified School District librarians' meeting on Thursday, 27 April

  • Going on the panel Opening Up the World: Young Adult Fantasy Writing Other Panelists: Denise Hamilton (moderator), Cornelia Funke, and Adam Gopnik Time/Day/Venue: Saturday, 29 April at 2.30pm in Fowler Museum Lenart Auditorium

  • Being interviewed at the Festival of Books (ETC Stage) on Sunday, 30 April, between 10.30 and 11.30am


Sunday: To Vegas!
Monday and Tuesday: The Grand Canyon!
Wednesday and Thursday: Who knows!

Friday, 5 May:
  • Talking at North Valley Regional Library in Anthem, AZ, at 12.20pm
  • Nebula signing, 5.30pm on
  • Nebula evening reception

Saturday, 6 May:
  • Reading, time TBA
  • Nebula banquet

Sunday: San Diego!
Monday: Back to LA. Fly home Monday evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger marrije said...

Hi Margo,

I just came across this exhibition that includes a number of photographs of children and elephants, which reminded me instantly of 'sweet pippit', that lovely story. I have no idea whether the photographs are any good or complete kitsch, but I thought I'd pass the link along anyway. The exhibition is in Santa Monica, at least roughly in the vicinity of where you'll be having your most impressive tour.

08 April, 2006 02:44  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Justine: I intend to be thoroughly overstimulated by the whole deal.

Marrije: I see what you mean about some of those pictures being on the edge - some look pretty definitely manipulated. But others are very striking. Some of the elephant ones without the people, particularly - but then, I would say that.

16 April, 2006 20:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home