12 July, 2007

A word of advice

If your novel involves any kind of slippage of time, for example, two worlds, one of which's time runs a little faster than the other's, well, um, it might be a good idea to sit down and nut out exactly how that's going to work and why before you get to 80% finished.

Just for those of you who, like me, have been bitten by over-outlining and tried to swear off it completely. Moderation in all things, eh.

Four pages of intricate tables and many hours of timeline adjusting happened today. Not a new word in sight. Result, one broken brain, and a curious (not too curious if you consider the three glasses of wine last night) lowness of spirits. I did go for a ride, though, and for a walk, so I've been working on that. Bought new walking shoes to replace the ugly-as-sin cast-offs of Harry's that I've been wearing the last six months; now my feet will feel just like normal huge feet, instead of like huge feet encased in several layers of bubble wrap. I'm sure that will help. It was also good that the sun shone; that was lovely; thank you to whoever was responsible.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Scarlet Tree said...

Oh dear:) Time shifts can be just a riddle! Hope the sunshine helped!

12 July, 2007 22:01  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Thanks, scarlet tree; I think I have it worked out now. *crosses fingers*

13 July, 2007 21:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home