16 October, 2008

Spoilers/discussion of Tender Morsels

Over at Random, teenagers have been reading my book and then picking my brain. This excellent set of questions came from Teen Book Groups in Chicago (Chicago Public Library – Chinatown Branch and Harold Washington Library Center), Grand Junction CO (Grand Junction Book Club) and Newark DE (Newark High School Book Club). They really worked me over, bless them!

So if you've read the book but have no one to talk to about it, go and have a read.

Yesterday I kept an eye on Amazon to see if publication day lifted me out of six figures in the sales ranking. And lo! I peaked at 5022! Plus, for a moment there I was #3 on the Sexual Abuse Books for Teens list. I've now slumped to #4, and am back to five figures in the general ranking. So all is gloom again. :)

However, good news from the UK: Lauren the Press Officer at Random there says:
Red Spikes has been longlisted for the UKLA [United Kingdom Literacy Association] Children’s Book Award 2009 (12–16 category) Congratulations!

145 books were submitted and 81 were selected for the longlist. 5 secondary schools in Bromley have been chosen to read, discuss and work with the books on the longlist over the next 4 months. Teachers will meet in February to select the final shortlist.
So, can't stay gloomy for long.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Margo. All seems to be going well (as usual!)

16 October, 2008 20:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home