15 December, 2008

Happy review

Here's a nice review of Tender Morsels on Garish & Tweed. Talking about the Grimm tale at the bottom of it:
It feels as though the book is the original, and the story got boiled down and down until it was only that short, odd fairy tale, with all of the important magic and questions and depth of character left out of it.
And this makes me think that it's pitched just right:
In some ways it feels very YA, but a lot of the characters are adult, and although it could be described as a fairy tale retelling, it’s not at all for the same maturity level as something like Beauty or Ella Enchanted - although teens and adults who love stories like those, and can handle a more intense story, will find this very satisfying.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Hi Margo,
Can't wait to read Tender Morsels, it sounds great (and not like a bunch of off bananas is great). I loved Black Juice and Red Spikes, and look forward to reading the others. Glad I found your blog among the corridors of cyberspace.

17 December, 2008 15:07  
Blogger Jess said...

I'm glad you liked the review - I am still in awe of the book! And looking forward to the short stories, which I haven't read yet.

18 December, 2008 07:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Margo,

I recently finished "Tender Morsels", and I loved it. I especially loved the language, and the accents, and the "babby" touch. Plus the cover and feel of the book and font are really cool (especially the font), but they are all secondary to the story and the writing, which are superb.

Keep on writing! I can't wait to read your next novel!

P.S. I've just started "Black Juice", and it is also wonderful. And terrifying. And the font (is it the same one used in "Tender Morsels"?) and the feel of the book and the cover are great too :).

19 December, 2008 14:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home