20 April, 2009

That Ellen Datlow, she's so kind.

Seeing that the Ditmar nominations are due, she's offering to send Word copies to anyone who hasn't read 'The Goosle' (or Lucy Sussex's 'Ardent Clouds' or Anna Tambour's 'Gladiolus Exposed'. She's sent out several copies already.

Which makes me think, Oh, right. That's sensible. What would be even more sensible would be for me to offer the same (although you'll still have to go to Ellen for Lucy's and Anna's stories) and also ecopies of other stories I had published in 2008 that are Ditmar-eligible. Which are:
  • 'The Goosle' from The Del Rey Book of SF and Fantasy (ed. Ellen Datlow)
  • 'Machine Maid' from Extraordinary Engines: The Definitive Steampunk Anthology (ed. Nick Gevers)
  • 'Night of the Firstlings' from Eclipse Two (ed. Jonathan Strahan)
  • 'The Fifth Star in the Southern Cross' from Dreaming Again (ed. Jack Dann)
  • 'Eyelids of the Dawn' from New Australian Stories (ed. Aviva Tuffield)
  • 'An Honest Day's Work' from The Starry Rift (ed. Jonathan Strahan)
Leave your email address in the Comments if you need a copy of any of the above. Tell me which one(s), of course.

I'm afraid this offer doesn't extend to e-copies of Tender Morsels, also eligible. :) You'll have to buy those, over here, for example.

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Margo! *beams*

How are you doing? I've already taken up Ellen's kind offer; any chance I could get in on yours?

*rueful* I pretty much need all of them except the Goosle, unfortunately; it's been a very bad year for acquiring anthologies.

20 April, 2009 17:56  
Blogger Unknown said...

*headdesks* and my e-mail address is sulynncheah at gmail doct com, incidentally.

20 April, 2009 17:57  
Blogger Misrule said...

What Lynn said!

judith.ridge@gmail.com

20 April, 2009 18:00  
Anonymous woulfe said...

Hi Margo

Me too please:

Jim Woulfe
u1043815-blogs3@yahoo.com.au

(who's given up carrying his copy of TM to the shops in the hope of running into you and getting you to sign it ...)

20 April, 2009 18:07  
Anonymous woulfe said...

oops, forgot to say which one(s)

Goosle is the one I've been wanting to read for a while, but if you're feeling generous ...

20 April, 2009 18:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! A friend of Tansy's stopping by. :D I'm currently reading Tender Morsels and it's absolutely gorgeous!

I haven't read any of your short stories, but would love to.

My email is jumbled.words at gmail.com

Cheers,
Kaia

20 April, 2009 18:58  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi Margo,

I came here via Tansy's LJ. I'd love to read Goosle, please, and if you're happy to send me the others, I'd be more than happy to read them.

My email is lizarfau@yahoo.com.au

Thanks!
Liz

20 April, 2009 19:17  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Hi and thanks, everyone - you should all have your copies now. Let me know if any problems. Margo.

20 April, 2009 19:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me also friend of Tansy... Everyone is talking about your stuff and shamefully I haven't read any at all... if you would be kind enough to send me Machine Maid I would be very grateful... my email is godiyeva@yahoo.com.au
Many thanks in advance :)

20 April, 2009 20:08  
Blogger chrisbarnes said...

Hi Margo,

The Goosle and Machine Maid, please!

misterbarnes@gmail.com

Cheers
Chris.

20 April, 2009 21:11  
Anonymous Jason C said...

Hi, Margo.

I'd love to read your Ditmar-eligible stories.

My address is jr_crowe@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Jason

21 April, 2009 06:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Margo

I'd love to read all your eligible stories, if it's not too much trouble.

My email is relleaqua@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Narelle.

21 April, 2009 08:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Ms. Lanagan--is this a rude request, since I don't know you? I'll ask, regardless. Could you send me "The Goosle?" Your story was the shining light in that Datlow anthology, and I'd love to pass it on to some friends starved for good speculative fiction.

Thank you!
Delia

dmward67@gmail.com

22 April, 2009 15:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another friend of Tansy's via her blog. I've read some of your novels and would love to read your Ditmar eligible stories, as many as you are willing to send.

My email is emmaandbeth@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Emma

25 April, 2009 16:19  
Blogger K said...

lolkathryn@gmail.com

Thanks!
Kathryn

26 April, 2009 22:12  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Margo.

I'm not sure if you are still sending out Word copies of The Goosle, but if you are, I would love to read it. I've heard fascinating things about the story, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy.

my email is: anaisog@gmail.com

21 June, 2009 15:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home