03 January, 2012

Tender Morsels is published in Russian

Translated by Nadia Sechkina—we corresponded by email during the translation, and at the end she wrote me a lovely email saying: "You know, I had not shed a tear during the 4 months of translation, but I really wept over the book, several times, when I was editing my work as if I was reading about Liga and her daughters for the first time."

So you can be sure it has lost none of its grab-you-by-the-guts-and-shake-you effect in the translation.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bonnee Crawford said...

Yay for getting published in another language in another place! If it gets someone emotional it MUST be good! Congrats!

03 January, 2012 10:14  
Blogger Astrid said...

I love the cover for the Russian version too!

03 January, 2012 20:14  
Blogger Harry Markov said...

The cover is a delight. Simply stunning. Let's hope the Bulgarian translation, if there will ever be one, comes with a half as good a one as this.

I think that the reason she didn't cry at fist hand was because translation works on a technical level first and then on a comprehensive level [bigger picture] during revisions. That much I can say from personal experience.

04 January, 2012 00:15  
Anonymous frey said...

This book was so lovely.It should have been translated in different languages.Very touching and so true.bulgarian translation or in any translation it would be a blast.Thank you for sharing this.

23 May, 2012 13:32  
Anonymous kltranslations said...

I loved your website is because i have take many information through your site.

KL Translations

07 August, 2014 20:34  
Anonymous BDS Translation said...

This is interesting, I love and appreciate it. Keep it on move

26 August, 2014 18:34  
Anonymous Russian Translation Services said...

Definitely agree with Bon if it makes you emotional it must be good.

04 February, 2016 23:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home